We love front loading e-Cargo bikes. We focus on carrying the highest quality models available anywhere.
We currently offer two brand of Front Loading Cargo Electric Bicycles: Riese & Muller and now Urban Arrow.
Urban Arrow is a highly reputable Dutch brand that has been only focused on their modular designs. The company offers different options for the Front Cargo configuration, from consumer use to commercial use.
For the United States, Urban Arrow is offer the Family model.
The Family model is the most popular and offers and narrower, longer cargo bin. The very coolest thing about these bikes is absolutely how much space the front bin has and deciding on what to do with all that space.
First main use of this type of eBike is to transport children. The Family model carries up to three toddlers in the front bin. There is an optional method for mounting a Baby Seat in the front bin facing backwards so you can see the baby.
That brings up one of the Best Features of the Front Loading Cargo Bikes is the ability to see your cargo at all times.
Another Best Feature is that the Cargo is as Low as possible to keep the center of gravity low to the ground. This is a significantly better way to transport heavier loads than a Rear Rack based Cargo Bicycle or eBike.
The stand out features of the Urban Arrow Family model include:
- Front Loading Cargo style eBike with a lower center of gravity. Setup for heavier loads including up to three children.
- Top of the line Bosch Performance Line Cruise mid-drive and a Enviolo by NuVinci CVT, riding is both smooth and technologically advanced. Heavy duty setup for years of troublefree use.
- Top Quality Features: Reflective tube ends, fenders with mud-flaps to keep you clean, sturdy double legged kickstand placed perfectly for stable loading, thicker spoke wheels coupled with comfortable tires, and the soft EPP lined box perfect for kids.
- Some drag, friction, and inefficiency due to the nature of the CVT, can take a while to get used to riding if you are new to it, also the battery pack could benefit from a larger Amp Hour rating since they opted for the PowerPack 400 instead of the PowerPack 500.
- Click here for our Urban Arrow Accessories Blog Post.
Here are photos of the Urban Arrow Family model: