These are the key steps to assembling a TERN Vektron S10.
- Pair of scissors to remove packaging
- 4 and 5 mm allen wrenches
- Narrow wrench for pedals
First, remove the Vektron carefully from the box, sit it on the ground upright and you can deploy the kickstand. It should stand up ok.
- Carefully remove all the packaging material on the eBike.
- Grease the seat post lightly and install in the seatpost tube. You may need to tighten the allen bolts on the quick release levers so the seat does not move when tightened down.
- Remove the Pedals from the accessory box. Also place two black washers in the box on each pedal bolt as a spacer when installing.
- Go ahead and put 55 lbs of pressure in each tire.
For the Handlebars,
- First remove the Stoppers on Stem by loosening the allen bolt. You will need to hold the opposite side while loosening. Remove two pieces and set aside.
- Unlock the two handlebar clamps and slide apart while loosening to make room to slide back onto the Step Mounts. The Clamps should be pointing toward the back of the bike so the rider can lift them and adjust the handlebars from the seat.
- Note, the wires should NOT be wrapping around the handlebar and sticking out toward the front. The headlight wire should go under the headlight and between the clamps.
- Reattach the Stoppers, hold one side, while you tighten down the other one. You can then adjust the handlebars while the clamps are loosened, then tighten them down.
- Note, make sure the two vertical allen bolts on the lower front of the handlebar stem are tightened snug, do not over tighten. These are used to straighten the handlebars.
For the pedals,
- One pedal has a quick release mechanism and gos on the left side.
- A narrow wrench is required to install each pedal. They will go on clockwise, then tighten snug. Do not over tighten.
- Locate and have the Yellow Washer ready to add on the quickrelease pedal bolt once it is installed. This keeps the pedal from accidently being released while riding.
To fold the eBike,
- Do this on a flat clear space. Note the magnet on the rear wheel, left. and the right front wheel round metal part on the axel. These need to meet
- Rotate the right side pedal to the back position.
- Have one hand on the handlebar, and one hand on the hinge
- On the middle frame hinge, slide the red safety latch and open the hinge clamp.
- Move one hand to hold the bike by the seat, and swing the front wheel around to the back of the bike with the other hand. Magnet meets round part on front wheel. Sit the bike down on the stand under the crank.
- Now you can fold the Handlebar, slide the safety latch and open hinge to swing down the handlebar.
- There is a rubber part under the main frame that swings out to insert on the Silver Nub on the handlebar to hold it down.
- Use one of the Bungy cords on the rack to loop through the rear wheel and back onto the frame. This keeps the bike from unfolding.