Yamaha CrossConnect, a light weight electric bicycle from a top quality brand
Yamaha makes Pianos, Keyboards, Motorcycles and Jet Skis. Most people don’t know they have also been producing top quality eBikes since 1993.
Yes, they are one of the very first Pedal Assist eBike Manufacturers on the planet!
The have the DNA of the World’s First eBikes ever offered. They have been a driving force in the eBike Market for over Two (2) Decades, more than 20 years. They have been on a constant improvement path with their Pedal Assist Models. Yamaha also offers one of the Best Warranties on the market including Three (3) Years on the Frame, Motor and Battery.
Over 2 million Yamaha eBikes have been sold in Japan, their home country. Yamaha has also produced over 4 Million Drive Units which are used on some other brands. But nothing is better than have a Complete eBike produced by the same company. Yamaha produces the Frames, Motor, Battery, Display and combines top components to offer one of the best Values on the eBike market today.
They also have not been focused on creating more and more models. No, they have been focused on evolving several models to create some of the Best eBikes offered in the U.S. which are based on a durable, reliable and familiar platform.
Their eBikes are some of the lightest weight eBikes on the market. They are also very familiar to anyone that has been riding a traditional bicycle. The Seating Position, Cockpit layout and Components are based on a standard bicycle so any rider will feel comfortable right away. They all ride very much like a normal bicycle with the addition of Four Levels of Pedal Assist choices.
The models range from:
- CrossCore ($2,399) – for riders that demand more than just a regular fitness bike.
- CrossConnect ($2,999) – an everday recreation-utility for those that want to take their gear with them.
- Urban Rush ($3,299) – balance of power, stiffness, and speed in a sleek road bike chassis.
- Wabash ($3,499) – the bicycle equivalent to the word “and”. Road and Mountain. Pedal and Power.
- YDX-Torc ($3,499) – an agile XC mountain bike, aggressive performance and fastest response.
Focusing on the CrossConnect.
Only 3 miles to the store, but somehow driving always takes 30 minutes. Redefine routine. Take the eBike! Rip down to the store! Load up the rear-rack and enjoy your new viewpoint behind bars. Pavement or bike path, explore your way.
This is model comes with all the features of an Urban or City eBike. The CrossConnect includes:
- PWSeries SE Drive Unit – Integrated into CrossConnect’s bottom bracket, the PWSeries SE drive unit provides a low center of gravity for exceptional handling. Four levels of powerful and smooth assist deliver a ride experience the feels natural and organic.
- Suspension Fork – CrossConnect features a Suntour NCX suspension fork to help smooth out your commute, errand or weekend ride.
- Rear Rack and Fender – CrossConnect’s rear rack with integrated LED taillight can handle up to 55 lbs. of secured cargo. And the rear fender will help keep you and that cargo looking clean.
- Side Stand – CrossConnect is loaded with features, so we didn’t forget the little things like the convenience of an integrated side stand.
- LED Headlight – CrossConnect is equipped with a powerful LED headlight to help brighten your path. The headlight’s on/off button is built into CrossConnect’s multi-function display housing for easy access while riding.
- Weight: 49.8 pounds
- Four Colors: Storm Gray, Polar White/Crimson, Indigo/Sunset, Crimson/Sand
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora (2 x 9)
- Brakes: Shimano Hydraulic Disc
- Grips: Locking ergonomic two-tone
- Warranty: 3-Year on Frame, Motor, Battery
We are proud to carry the entire Yamaha line of eBikes. Come in and test ride today!
RECENT MEN’S HEALTH ARTICLE:
The Best E-Bikes for Urban Riders in Need of Public Transportation Alternatives
For the Fitness Fiend
The Yamaha Cross Connect is a great choice for someone who wants the versatility to ride without pedal assist and get a workout, but who also wants the option to turn on the power and get around quickly and easily.
With 18 speeds and four levels of pedal assist, you can truly finetune the exact level of effort you want to exert. Keep in mind, if you do pedal without assistance, you’re moving a 49.8-lb. bike; it will feel more challenging than pedaling a typical hybrid or commuter, but you can get enough assistance from the gears to make it work.
The Cross Connect features an LED display of speed, distance, battery charge, cadence, and odometer reading. The battery range can last anywhere from 20-70 miles, depending on which level you use, how hilly the terrain, plus the weight you’re carrying. The 500Wh battery takes four hours to charge.
An LED headlight and rear rack with integrated tail light come standard on the Cross Connect, so you’re safely lit up and ready to carry some cargo right away. I loaded the bike with about 40 pounds of groceries, cranked the pedal assist to “High” and made it up the steep hill back to my house with no issues. After unloading the groceries, I turned off the power and rode the bike around my neighborhood for a workout, fully maximizing the Cross Connect’s ability to be a fast and strong commuter as well as a fitness tool.
Click here to access the Full Article.
And remember, Just one ride and you’ll understand.
Here is a Video and detailed photos of the Yamaha CrossConnect Model: