The Delite. The right one for every road
Long trips, daily commutes, bumpy forest trails or steep ascents – every trip has its own unique challenges. The Delite encourages you to experience the known afresh and discover the unknown.
We have been getting in Riese & Muller Delite models constantly to deliver to our customers. We also have a Delite GX Rohloff HS model for Demoing at our store or at events.
The Delite model from Riese and Muller is identical to the Superdelite model with the exception of being a Single Battery Configuration. The Superdelite model has Dual Battery by design. The Delite model has always been flagship model and previously had Dual Batteries.
For 2020, the company decided to split the Delite into two models so that customers that wanted the top of the line features focused on Dual Suspension Control Technology could buy a model that did not have dual batteries if they did not need the range, or wanted to reduce weight.
Here we have the 2020 Riese & Muller Delite GX Model in a Class 1, 20 Mph configuration. This particular example has the GX, Kiox Display and the Fox Float upgrade options.
The GX option modifies:
- The Suspension to increase travel from 100 mm on the GT Model to 140 mm which absorbs larger bumps.
- The Grips to add the Bar Ends for an additional hand position while riding which aids in trekking and hill climbs.
- The Pedals are swapped from basic flat to platform models which are larger, wider and include pegs to grip the rider’s shoes better.
- The Tires are swapped from smooth tread to knobby tread to extend riding terrain from mainly paved paths to mainly unpaved (i.e. gravel, mulch, packed sand and deeper mud).
- The Seat Post is replaced with a Dropper Post setup, allowing the rider to change via a push lever on the handlebar to drop the seat with their weight, then allow the seat to rise when they release weight off the seat post.
The Display options include:
- Intuvia Display which is the standard display which is grayscale and provides trip computer functions including a USB port for charging or maintaining a charge on a mobile device including smartphones.
- Kiox Display as an upgrade to add extended trip computer functions, blue tooth integration with Bosch eBike Systems’ eBike Connect mobile app on smartphones, which can be synced with Bosch’s ebike-connect.com website for tracking ride history.
- Smartphone Hub (only available on Touring and Vario gearing systems, not on Rohloff) provides a mount for a Smartphone which operates a Bosch eBike Systems’ mobile app from Cobi, to actually operate the bike while providing Phone access, Music access and Navigation access on the handlebar. Included is a cable or case to provide charging to the smartphone. Compatible with iPhone or Android phones.
The Derailleur and Hub options include:
- Touring option which is a traditional derailleur with top of the line Shimano XT and 11 Speeds.
- Vario option which is a Enviolo internal hub offering Continuously Variable function with infinite adjustability for the easies to adjust system.
- Rohloff option which has a Push Button, Electronic Shift, 14-speed system offering the widest range of gearing to ultra low gear access while providing the highest upper gears for sustaining high speeds.
The other main feature on this particular model shown is the Fox Float Suspension upgrade for the Front and Rear shock absorbers. Offering a higher degree of smoothness and attention to materials sued.
Here are some more feature details from Riese & Muller about their awesome Delite models:
Look forward to the obstacles that line your path.
We have consistently enhanced and optimized the Riese & Müller Control Technology: firstly, the perfectly tuned full suspension ensures a sporty ride and that you remain composed over uneven ground, even at high speeds. And the fun of riding is guaranteed not to fall by the wayside.
Purist cockpit design
Maximum power in minimalist form
We have reinvented the cockpit of the E-Bike: If you opt for the cockpit with Kiox display or the Bosch SmartphoneHub, these are perfectly integrated into the handlebars with optimised cabling. The adjustable angle of the stem allows you to choose a sporty or more comfortable seating position. Just as stylish as the cockpit is the frame design with the integrated 500 Wh battery.
Smartphone docking and additional display
The Bosch SmartphoneHub transforms your smartphone into a display and communication system, in which all functions are combined: intelligent navigation with live weather, fitness data and much more. It is convenient and reliable to operate using buttons on the handlebar or voice control. Your smartphone is automatically charged during your trip. But it also works without a mobile phone: in that case an integrated display shows key riding data.
The Bosch Performance Line CX motor (Generation 4)
The most power ever on an E-Bike.
The fourth generation of the Performance CX is the most powerful E-Bike motor to have been produced by Bosch. It sets totally new benchmarks with up to 340% pedal assistance, a maximum torque of 75 Nm, extremely sporty start-up characteristics and pedalling rate assistance of up to 120 rpm. Compared to its predecessor model, it cannot fail to win you over with its greater dynamics, even lower pedal resistance and 25 % lower weight. At the same time, it is almost half the size, providing for ultra-aesthetic and unobtrusive integration.
You decide where you go.
If you like riding your E-Bike off-road, then simply equip it with a first-class off-road package. The air suspension fork with 140 mm travel reliably absorbs shocks and effortlessly compensates for any unevenness on the terrain. The solid tire studs on the shoulders of the Schwalbe Rock Razor tires guarantee outstanding grip, especially when cornering. The sporty Ergon saddle and the adjustable X-Fusion Manic seatpost make for simply perfect off-road rides.
Here is a detailed video and some photos of the Delite GX Rohloff model in the Chili Matte color: