Bicycling and eBikes will help solve Global Warming, IPCC Report says.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) just met in South Korea and issued its hard-hitting report on the impact of global warming.
Quotes out of the Report:
- Warns that the world is heading toward a temperature rise of 3°C.
- [Preventing] rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society” we have to keep the global temperature rise to under 1.5°C.
- Changes to energy systems, changes to the way we manage land, [and] changes to the way we move around with transportation.
- Individuals also have to change their lifestyles…walking or cycling short distances rather than driving.
- It is about where we live and work.
- We can choose the way we move in cities.
- Cycling and walking is “non-motorised transport” and the viability rests on linkages with public transport, cultural factors, climate and geography.
- Transitional changes are already underway in many systems but limiting warming to 1.5°C would require a rapid escalation in the scale and pace of transition, particularly in the next 10-20 years.
- There is no historical precedent for the scale of the necessary transitions, in particular in a socially and economically sustainable way.
- Urges the phasing out of gasoline-powered cars but also talks up the prospects of electric vehicles – so long as their batteries are charged from renewable sources.
- Already seeing the consequences of 1°C of global warming through more extreme weather, rising sea levels and diminishing Arctic sea ice, among other changes
- Gives policymakers and practitioners the information they need to make decisions that tackle climate change while considering local context and people’s needs.
- The next few years are probably the most important in our history.
Wow! Time to continue to support all movement away from Fossil Fuels. Remember your Carbon Footprint is your responsibility. Here is a BLOG POST we did on How You Power Your House, Your Transportation and What You Eat makes up 80% of Your Carbon Footprint! You have to start making a difference on your own!
What we have been doing is taking the resources out of our planet and expelling them into our Atmosphere. That is already catching up with us.
eBike Central is committed to providing a Environmentally Friendly, Sustainably Powered, Alternately Fueled Electric Vehicle for propelling the majority of people in the United States!
Our Manufacturer partners are producing the Most Durable, Dependable and Reliable eBike Products on the market today!
eBike Central offers these brands for you!
Come in one of our stores in Greensboro, Durham or Columbia!
Contact us for your eBike Demo Ride and Purchase! Call Us: (888)-876-6473.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates: eBike Central Facebook Page