Uber CEO, Dara Khosrowshahi, has stated why eBikes are going to play a significant part in the movement within the urban areas from now on.
Here are a few key statements:
- Half or 50% of the World’s Population live in or near Urban Centers.
- This will rise to Two Thirds or 66% over the next 10 years.
- No cities want more cars in the city center areas, or build the infrastructure. There is no more room.
- Individuals traveling 3 Miles or less in an urban area is a inefficient use of that person’s assets and the roads of any city. A car is an expensive for short trips and is not environmentally friendly.
- Travel within 2-3 miles of a City for 1-2 people is going to radically change over the next 5-10 years.
- There has been no real innovation around personal transportation in cities for the past 30-40 years until now.
- Uber to play as a Platform and a Vertical as well.
This is fascinating to hear from one of the most recognized transportation leaders today.
His description supports the use of several forms of transportation that will be available. The Uber car rides for longer distances away from city centers and the use of eBikes or Scooters as a personal transportation device around the center of urban areas.
Here is the video link: http://fortune.com/video/2018/07/19/ubers-ceo-is-bullish-on-e-bikes-and-scooters/
If you are not riding an eBike already, come in to one of our stores to test ride an eBike today!
eBike Central offers these brands for you!
Come in one of our stores in Greensboro, Durham or Columbia!
Contact us for your eBike Demo Ride and Purchase! Call Us: (888)-876-6473.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates: eBike Central Facebook Page